Diploma: Public Sector Accounting NQF L5 – SAQA ID 20353
- Technical Public Accountant
- Accounting Technician in the public sector
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent.
- No prior accounting knowledge needed.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Recommended 24 months of study
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Public Accounting Administration
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Technical Public Accounting
- Business Law and Accounting Control
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Work as a qualified accounting technician in the public sector.
- Make a positive contribution to the country by improving public finance management, adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the Diploma: Public Sector Accounting by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.
Easy conversion to the ICB’s Accounting Programme:
Take your studies further by switching to the Accounting Programme by completing just 1 or 2 extra subjects:
- If you hold the National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting, you can attain the National Certificate: Bookkeeping by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns learning area (subject).
- If you have qualified with the Diploma: Public Sector Accounting, you can get the National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting by completing the Payroll and Monthly SARS Returns learning area, and the Income Tax Returns learning area (subjects).