National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF L6 – ID 20366 (ICB Designation – Financial Accountant)
- Accounting Officer
- Register to SAIBA to become an Accounting Officer visit www.saiba.org.za
Being a member of a professional body shows you are committed to taking your career seriously. Most of these organisations offer their members several benefit, which can include designations (letters after your name), offers and discounts, networking opportunities and more. They usually require members to keep their knowledge
up to date by completing a specific number of Continuing Professional Development hours every year. Employers
or clients will feel more reassured hiring someone who is a member of a professional body as it shows you’re serious about your career.
- Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent.
- No prior accounting knowledge needed.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Recommended 36 months of study
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trail Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Return
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Income Tax Returns
- Business Law and Accounting Control
- Corporate Strategy
- Management Accounting
- Control Systems
- Financial Reporting and
- Regulatory Frameworks Accounting Theory and Practice*
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Compile annual financial statements
- Register with SAIBA as an Accounting Officer
- Work with Chartered Accountants and Auditors
- Have a thorough knowledge of accounting theory and practice, corporate strategy and regulatory frameworks
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the National Diploma: Financial Accounting by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.