Intermediate Level – Higher Certificate Office Administration NQF L5 (SAQA ID: 23619)
What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?
You’re probably not interested in applying for a job if you’re studying this programme! If you’re not starting your own business, you could join a start-up or new business as their finance person. with a non-financial person in a new venture Want to make sure your existing or future company runs efficiently.
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent.
- Recommended 24 months of study
- Insitute of Certified Bookkeepping (ICB)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) was established in 1931 with the aim of promoting bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in Southern Africa.
The ICB conducts professional examinations for those persons who intend following a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. Completion of any of these qualifications or skills programmes and or short courses leads to professional membership of the ICB with designations awarded depending on what course of study has been followed.
ICB have maintained a relationship with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years. ICB is not a training
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Entrepreneurship 1
- Office and Legal Practice
- Entrepreneurship 2
- Marketing Management and Public Relation
- Financial Statements
- Human Resources Management and Labour Relations
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Lead a small/medium sized business.
- Manage your work schedule as an entrepreneur.
- Operate efficiently in an office environment.
- Apply law, marketing, PR and economic principles in business.
- Draw up and interpret financial statements and reports.
- Work efficiently with HR and labour relations.
- Apply local and global growth principles.
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the Higher Certificate Office Administration NQF L5 (SAQA ID: 23619) by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.