Pastel Accounting Short Courses Unisa Distance Learning
Trying to find a computerised accounting or Pastel course you can study at Unisa, or study from home? Here is a list of computerised bookkeeping courses you can study via distance learning:
- ICB Short course: Junior Accountant – Computerised Bookkeeping
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Intermediate
- SAGE Pastel Partner End User – Advanced
- SAGE Pastel Partner Xpress
Ways to study Computerised Bookkeeping?
It is vital that the Accountant be able to finish the month-to-month bookkeeping function on a computer. Students need to demonstrate this competence in Microsoft Workplace and the Pastel Accounting Plan.
How will this course be structured?
In order to finish the Junior Accountant Computerised Bookkeeper, trainees need to finish all of the following Topics:
- Computerised Accounting: Workplace Computing
- Basic PC Principles
- Working with MS Windows and MS Windows Vista
- Working with the Web and Microsoft Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook
- Dealing with Microsoft Word
- Dealing with Microsoft Excel
- Dealing with Microsoft PowerPoint
Computerised Bookkeeping: Pastel Accounting
With this subject the College will provide you with an instructional licence for you to practice your activities and tasks. This licence is valid from the point you register this on your computer until the end of that year, thus a calender year licence. Please note that this software MAY NOT be used for commercial purposes, therefore you MAY NOT trade utilizing this instructional licence.
- Installation and Registration of Pastel Partner V11
- Pastel Language
- Developing and setting up a company in Pastel Partner V11
- Develop and Keep General Ledger Accounts
- Create and Maintain Provider Accounts
- Produce and Maintain Client Accounts
- Create and Preserve Stock Items
- Handle Balances and Journals
- Supplier Processing
- Customer Processing
- Money Book, Petty Money and Journal Processing
- Month end Procedures
- Year End Treatments
How will I be examined?
Once you have actually effectively finished the needed tasks recommended by Skills Academy, you will need to successfully pass tests with the ICB. In order to compose exams with the ICB you will need to:
- Apply to the ICB and register with them to compose their exams
- Send a Portfolio of Evidence to the ICB on the day of your exams
You will also be provided by the ICB with a Declaration of Competence showing the respective System Standards that you have completed. FASSET will award you with an Unit Requirement Certificate for any System Standards that you have actually finished.
As Skills Academy worths education and appreciates our students, your completion award will be sent to you via courier so that you get it as soon as possible and with no hold-ups.
When can I start?
You can start today. If you study by means of distance learning you can register today.
Distance Learning Accounting Courses
Interested in recognized accounting qualifications with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers? Have a look at this list:
- National Certificate: Bookkeeping
- FET Certificate: Bookkeeping
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting
- National Certificate: Small company Financial Management
- National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting
In the past you might study ICB courses at Unisa. This has fallen away, and Unisa not offers the ICB Courses. Nevertheless, there are numerous home study colleges offering the ICB courses. So you can still study any of the ICB courses at a recognized home study provider.
You can likewise consider studying accounting or bookkeeping courses at Unisa, where these courses are Unisa qualifications, and not ICB qualifications.
There are a variety of things you ought to think about if you wish to study among the ICB courses through distance learning. Or if you want to study a bookkeeping or accounting course with Unisa. Here is a list of the key concerns from potential bookkeeping and accounting trainees.
- Comparing Unisa studies with ICB research studies
- The difference between accounting courses and accounting courses
- Accounting and Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Financial Accounting Courses at Unisa
- Unisa Accounting Courses
- Unisa Bookkeeping Courses
- Unisa Course Costs
- Alternative Alternatives
- Study a Diploma Course
- Unisa Bookkeeping Diploma
- ICB Diploma Courses
- Study a Greater Certificate
- Unisa Bookkeeping Higher Certificate
- ICB Bookkeeping Higher Certificates
- Short Courses
- Unisa Short Course in Pastel Accounting
- ICB Short Courses
- Post-Matric Qualifications at the ICB
- Distance Learning
- Financial Accounting Program
- Workplace Administration Program
- Organisation Management Program
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Public Sector Accounting Program
- Study Materials and Textbooks
- Register for an ICB course
- Extra assistance for Distance Learning Trainees
- Work Opportunities
- Course Costs
ICB Qualifications academic levels
ICB qualifications begin at NQF level 3, and goes up to NQF level 6. So you can go into one of the ICB programmes even if you do not have a matric certificate. And if you achieve the highest level ICB qualification, then you have a Diploma at NQF level 6. So you are simply one level listed below a degree.
The ICB Diploma level qualifications you can aim for are:
- National Diploma: Financial Accounting (NQF 6).
- National Diploma: Technical Financial Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Public Sector Accounting (NQF 5).
- Diploma: Office Administration (NQF 6).
If you are aiming for an Unisa degree like the Bachelor of Accounting Sciences in Financial Accounting (NQF level 7 certification), then you will need to adhere to their entrance requirements of a National Elder Certificate (Matric Certificate) with a Bachelor’s pass; with a minimum of 50% in the language of teaching and a minimum of 60% in Mathematics.
The entryway criteria for ICB courses.
You can get in any one of the ICB programmes at the NQF 3 level. That implies you can start their courses with a Grade 9 or Requirement 7 school pass.
The ICB also identify other training you have actually done, your work experience and your age, as elements to consider when you get entry.
You have to be able to understand the study material, which is in English. The ICB courses begin at a very fundamental level, so regarding make them available to students from several instructional backgrounds.
Often trainees who left school, can do the ICB courses when they have actually gotten some work experience. Most of the ICB home study trainees are working grownups, who have actually missed out on the opportunity to end up school, and go on to school based education.
Selection criteria for ICB students.
The ICB has a variety of distance learning course service providers. For these students there are 5 test sessions in 2017. Many of these trainees are home study and part time study trainees. Usually trainees who satisfy the scholastic entrance criteria, will get a location with one of the correspondence course companies.
Trainees who do not fulfill the scholastic requirements, can still apply. The ICB can approve you entryway based upon your age; work experience and other training courses you have actually done.
The ICB academic entry requirements are grade 9 (requirement 7). The ICB programmes all begin at NQF level 3; indicating that even if you never finished matric, you will still be able to cope with the work.
ICB application and registration procedure.
To start studying one of the ICB courses you have to take the following actions:
- Apply to among the course service providers.
- Complete your registration with the course supplier and pay your registration charge and more study costs.
- Register with the ICB for your examination – you can select from 5 examination sessions in 2017.
- You can choose to write one examination at a time, or register for 3 or 4 exams.
- Pay your exam costs.
- Receive your portfolio of proof from the ICB when you have actually registered for the test.
- Total your portfolio of evidence before the exam, and take it to the exam session with you.
- Hand in your test and your portfolio of proof at the end of your examination.
You can get the ICB Application and exam files here: ICB Application.
ICB trainee number limitations.
The ICB does not place a limit on trainee numbers. If you wish to study on a school, at a class provider, then there will be a limit to the variety of seats in the classes.
When you choose distance learning, you will find a course company that has space for you. Don’t wait till the eleventh hour. Make sure you use early, to offer yourself the very best chance.
When you register with the ICB, you need to remember the following various charges:
- Course company costs – charges you pay the college where you study.
- ICB trainee membership annual fees.
- Exam charges.
Here is a connect to an in-depth short article on all the costs you have to comprehend. ICB Registration Fees 2017.
The ICB offers five examination sessions for home study students in 2017.
You will find the complete list of ICB exam dates and subjects here. ICB Assessment Dates 2017.
Student success with the ICB.
The ICB accredits and makes sure the quality of training supplied by their training companies. They set the examinations, and they set the curriculum. They approve the study materials. And in this way the ICB makes sure that students get the best chance possible.
The ICB also inspects its certified suppliers. And they even do surprise inspections. With this vigorous work done to ensure quality education, and to guarantee students get great assistance, study products, and certified lecturers – pass rates are high.
On the planet of work, you will discover that employers more than happy to pay for their staff to study with the ICB. Since they understand that their personnel will learn genuine skills they can use in the office, and they understand that the students have a great possibility of passing.
Trainees who have a hard time, can reword any examination, so you get more than as soon as opportunity to pass and complete your course.
Recognition for your research studies.
On the ICB programme, you get acknowledgment for each level of the programme you pass. So as you pass a level, you will get a certificate to recognise your success. This implies that if you never ever finish the whole program, you still have a certificate for each level to put on your wall. Your college may likewise give you a subject conclusion for every single subject you complete.
The plan is that you do not walk away empty-handed once you have passed a subject or a level in the programme.
The distinction in between accounting courses and bookkeeping courses.
At the ICB bookkeeping courses refer the lower levels of the program. As you continue to the greater levels, the credentials names alter to “Accounting”.
So “bookkeeping” is just the introductory levels, and “accounting” is the greater levels.
When you work as an accountant, you are primarily hectic with the accurate recording of a business’s transactions and financial resources. As you get promoted, you may begin dealing with the analysis and reporting on those numbers. Then you are an accounting professional.
Study Products and Textbooks.
When you study from home with Skills Academy, all your books and study notes are included in your course fees. The distance learning study products are approved and prescribed by the ICB, so you know that you are getting the best study products to pass your ICB examinations.
The ICB has lots of exam centres throughout South Africa. If you are not close sufficient to an examination centre, then you can ask for personal invigilation. However, this is generally an expensive alternative.
Here is a detailed description of the exam dates and procedures: Skills Academy ICB Examination Registration Process and Dates.
Here is a list of the ICB test centres: https://www.icb.org.za/exams/exam-centres.html
Last Updated: March 24th, 2017.