Matric Results 2017
- On 5 January you can visit the Western Cape Education Department’s website(available from 2pm onwards).
- Go to your high school on 5 January 2017. Results should be available as from 2pm.
- Register online with Eyewitness News and Nedbank.
- Register via SMS or use the USSD service provided by SABC Education and the Department of Basic Education. This service will be available until 31 January 2017.Register via SMS by sending your identity number and exam number to 35658. After your registration has been successful you’ll receive your results. SMSes cost R1, free SMSes don’t apply.Use the USSD service by dialling *120*35658#. After answering multiple questions, enter your ID number. You’ll receive your results per subject after you’ve completed the process. You’ll have the option to opt in or out to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act. USSD rates apply.
- On 6 January names of successful candidates will be published in newspapers. You’ll need to know your exam number, which will be used instead of your name.
- What are Bachelor’s, Diploma and Certificate passes?A Bachelor’s Pass means you’ve achieved a minimum of 40% in 5 higher credit subjects, 30% for 2 lower credit subjects and didn’t fail any subjects. You can apply for a degree course at a university or university of technology and may study for a higher certificate, diploma or bachelor’s degree.A Diploma Pass requires 40% in 4 higher credit subjects, 30% in 3 lower credit subjects, and you may fail 1 subject. With this pass you can enroll for a bridging course at a Further Education and Training (FET) college or a diploma course at a university of technology.A Certificate Pass requires a 40% pass in your home language, 2 subjects above 40%, 4 subjects above 30% and you may fail 1 subject. This pass allows you to study for a Higher Certificate.
National Senior Certificate Exams
Some provinces also give their results on their websites
Telephone numbers for provincial and national Departments of Education
National office: (012) 312 5845/6/7
Eastern Cape: (043) 604 7709/73
Free State: (051) 404 8000
Gauteng: (011) 355 0588
KwaZulu Natal: (031) 327 0538/0331
Limpopo: (015) 290 7747/7830
Mpumalanga: (013) 766 0033
Northern Cape: (053) 839 6585
North West: (018) 384 3100/51
Western Cape: (021) 467 2483
How can I study without matric?
Your school results do not say much about your capabilities. You do not get to pick subjects that interest you. You do not get to chase your dream. And often you are not all set for additional research studies At school there are a lot of diversions.
As soon as you have left school and you enter the adult world of work, you will get a much better photo of what genuinely interest you. When you work and study on something that interest you, then the work and the research studies are much easier!
Here is a list of distance learning courses you can study without matric:
- Bookkeeping and Accounting Studies
- Policing, Forensics and Investigation Studies
- Office Administration and Secretarial Studies
- Business Management Studies
- Beauty Therapy Studies
- Occupational Health and Safety Studies
- Project Management Studies
- Computer and IT Studies
- Child Day Care Studies
- Office Work Skills Short Courses
Home Study Group Contact Details
Unit 53B, Mega Park
C/o Peter Barlow Drive & Robert Sobukwe Road
Phone: 021 838 8250
You can contact us on WhatsApp!
Our WhatsApp number is 0823188892
– Get WhatsApp for your phone here: https://www.whatsapp.com/download/
– Get WhatsApp for your computer here: https://www.whatsapp.com/download/
It’s just another easy way for you to stay in touch with us!
Or you can call us right now on 0800 39 00 27
Last Updated: 6 Dec, 2017