National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting NQF L4 – SAQA ID 20352
- Public Accounts Administrator
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent.
- No prior accounting knowledge needed.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Recommended 12 months of study
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Public Accounting Administration
- Computerised Bookkeeping
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Administer public accounts
- Help improve public sector
- Financial management by adding value, efficiency and productivity to government departments
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the National Certificate: Public Sector Accounting by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees