Advanced Level – National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF L6 (SAQA ID: 20366)
What careers will I be able to apply for once I complete this qualification?
- Financial Accountant
- Accounting Officer
- Manager or Key Account Manager
- Business Manager, Business Consultant, Business Advisor
- Service or Sales Manager
- Grade 11 (Std 9) or equivalent.
- Recommended 36 months of study
Insitute of Certified Bookkeepping (ICB)
The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) was established in 1931 with the aim of promoting bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management qualifications and membership of a professional body in Southern Africa.
The ICB conducts professional examinations for those persons who intend following a career in bookkeeping, accounting, office management and financial management. Completion of any of these qualifications or skills programmes and or short courses leads to professional membership of the ICB with designations awarded depending on what course of study has been followed.
ICB have maintained a relationship with the Quality Assurance Partner of the Finance and Accounting Services Sector Education and Training Authority (Fasset) for 80 years. ICB is not a training
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trial Balance
- Business Management 1
- Office and Legal Practice
- Business Management 2
- Marketing Management and Public Relation
- Financial Statements
- Human Resources Management and Labour Relations
- Business Management 3
- Financial Management and Control
- Financial Reporting and Regulatory Frameworks
- Research Theory and Practice (By short dissertation, topic: Business Management)
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Work with a management information system at a corporate level.
- Prepare a business for internal/external audit.
- Apply principles of strategic intent and strategic thinking in a global business environment.
- Apply managerial finance and control principles in a commercial environment.
- Draw up and interpret financial statements and reports in accordance with IFRS.
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the National Diploma: Financial Accounting NQF L6 (SAQA ID: 20366) by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.
Last Updated: 14th June, 2017