FET Certificate: Bookkeeping NQF L4 – SAQA ID 58376 (ICB Designation – Senior Bookkeeper)
- Junior Accountant
- Assistant Accountant
- Grade 10 (Std 8) or equivalent.
- No prior accounting knowledge needed.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Recommended 16 months of study
This programme is accredited by FASSET SETA
- Business Literacy
- Bookkeeping to Trail Balance
- Payroll and Monthly SARS Return
- Computerised Bookkeeping
- Financial Statements
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Completion of the monthly and annual bookkeeping function.
- Skills for depreciable asset disposal, year-end adjustments, preparation and analysis of financial statements for sole proprietorships, partnerships, close corporations, companies and a thorough understanding of cash flow statements.
- Completion of basic management accounts and a working knowledge of cost accounting; including knowledge of breakeven analysis, cost-volume-profi t analysis, advanced costing, budgeting and standard costing, financial management and business ethics.
- Assistant Tax Technician (ATT) status as a member of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners being permitted to complete SARS returns other than Income Tax assessment returns.
What you will be able to do once you complete this level?
- Monthly bookkeeping
- Asset disposal
- Year-end adjustments
- Analysis of financial statements
- Understand cash flow
- Basic cost and management accounts
Important Exam Information:
Assessment is based on the submission of a Portfolio of Evidence (PoE) which will comprise formative activities and evaluations, as well as one summative assessment (final exam). PoE assessment comprises formative/interim assessment of activities (assignments) and evaluations (test) that count 30% towards the total mark. A Summative Assessment (final exam) contributes to the remaining 70% of your marks. The PoE is basically a file containing all the evidence necessary for a learner to be declared competent against the relevant outcomes.
- You will be awarded with the FET Certificate: Bookkeeping by FASSET upon successful completion of your PoE and your exams.
- You will also receive a Programme Completion Certificate from the ICB
- Assessment takes place in February, May, August and November.
- Please note that the ICB exam fees and annual memberships are not included in your programme fees. Please visit the ICB website at www.icb.org.za to familiarise yourself with the exam registration dates, the actual exam dates and the fees.